1. A psalm, a song of Asaph.
אשִׁיר מִזְמוֹר לְאָסָף:
2. O God, have no silence, do not be silent and do not be still, O God.
באֱלֹהִים אַל דֳּמִי לָךְ אַל תֶּחֱרַשׁ וְאַל תִּשְׁקֹט אֵל:
3. For behold, Your enemies stir, and those who hate You raise their heads.
גכִּי הִנֵּה אוֹיְבֶיךָ יֶהֱמָיוּן וּמְשַׂנְאֶיךָ נָשְׂאוּ רֹאשׁ:
4. Against Your people they plot cunningly, and they take counsel against Your protected ones.
דעַל עַמְּךָ יַעֲרִימוּ סוֹד וְיִתְיָעֲצוּ עַל צְפוּנֶיךָ:
5. They said, “Come, let us destroy them from [being] a nation, and the name of Israel will no longer be remembered.”
האָמְרוּ לְכוּ וְנַכְחִידֵם מִגּוֹי וְלֹא יִזָּכֵר שֵׁם יִשְׂרָאֵל עוֹד:
6. For they have taken counsel with one accord; against You they form a pact.
וכִּי נוֹעֲצוּ לֵב יַחְדָּו עָלֶיךָ בְּרִית יִכְרֹתוּ:
7. The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites.
זאָהֳלֵי אֱדוֹם וְיִשְׁמְעֵאלִים מוֹאָב וְהַגְרִים:
8. Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre.
חגְּבָל וְעַמּוֹן וַעֲמָלֵק פְּלֶשֶׁת עִם יֹשְׁבֵי צוֹר:
9. Also Assyria joined them; they were the arm of the children of Lot forever.
טגַּם אַשּׁוּר נִלְוָה עִמָּם הָיוּ זְרוֹעַ לִבְנֵי לוֹט סֶלָה:
10. Do to them as [to] Midian; as [to] Sisera, as [to] Jabin in the brook Kishon.
יעֲשֵׂה לָהֶם כְּמִדְיָן כְּסִיסְרָא כְיָבִין בְּנַחַל קִישׁוֹן:
11. They were destroyed in En-Dor; they were [as] dung on the ground. יאנִשְׁמְדוּ בְעֵין דֹּאר הָיוּ דֹּמֶן לַאֲדָמָה:
12. Make them, their nobles, as Oreb and as Zeeb, and as Zebah and as Zalmuna all their princes,
יבשִׁיתֵמוֹ נְדִיבֵמוֹ כְּעֹרֵב וְכִזְאֵב וּכְזֶבַח וּכְצַלְמֻנָּע כָּל נְסִיכֵמוֹ:
13. Who said, “Let us inherit for ourselves the dwellings of God.”
יגאֲשֶׁר אָמְרוּ נִירְשָׁה לָּנוּ אֵת נְאוֹת אֱלֹהִים:
14. My God, make them like thistles, like stubble before the wind.
ידאֱלֹהַי שִׁיתֵמוֹ כַגַּלְגַּל כְּקַשׁ לִפְנֵי רוּחַ:
15. As a fire that burns in a forest and as a flame that burns mountains.
טוכְּאֵשׁ תִּבְעַר יָעַר וּכְלֶהָבָה תְּלַהֵט הָרִים:
16. So will You pursue them with Your tempest, and with Your whirlwind You will terrify them.
טזכֵּן תִּרְדְּפֵם בְּסַעֲרֶךָ וּבְסוּפָתְךָ תְבַהֲלֵם:
17. Fill their faces with shame, and they will seek Your countenance, O Lord.
יזמַלֵּא פְנֵיהֶם קָלוֹן וִיבַקְשׁוּ שִׁמְךָ יְהֹוָה:
18. Let them be ashamed and terrified forever; let them be disgraced and perish.
יחיֵבֹשׁוּ וְיִבָּהֲלוּ עֲדֵי עַד וְיַחְפְּרוּ וְיֹאבֵדוּ:
19. Let them know that You-Your name alone is the Lord, Most High over all the earth.
יטוְיֵדְעוּ כִּי אַתָּה שִׁמְךָ יְהֹוָה לְבַדֶּךָ עֶלְיוֹן עַל כָּל הָאָרֶץ:
Vs 4 says, let us destroy them as a nation, that the name of Israel be remembered no more”
Vs. 5 says “With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against you”
1.) Tents of Edom = Modern Day Southern Jordan = Palestinian Refugees
2.) The Ishmaelites = Modern Day Saudi Arabia, Moab = Modern Day Central Jordan
3.) The Hagrites = Modern Day Egypt
4.) Byblos = Modern Day Northern Lebanon Ammon = Modern Day Northern Jordan Amalek = Modern Day Sinai Penninsula
5.) Philistia = Modern Day Gaza (Hamas)
People of Tyre = Modern Day Southern Lebanon (Hezbollah)
6 & 7.) Assyria = Modern Day Syria, Western Iraq & Southern Iran
United States of America is Modern Day Israel
America is ancient Israel’s protector; America is also modern day Israel through Jacob’s (Israel’s) Birthright promise through Joseph and his two sons Manasseh and Ephraim. Ephraim (USA) the youngest coming out of the Eldest Manasseh (Britain) would be the greatest nation on earth Genesis – Chapter 48
The book of Obadiah gives us some details as to what will happen to these nations…
15. “The day of the LORD is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head…
17. But on Mount Zion will be deliverance; it will be holy, and the house of Jacob will possess its inheritance.
18. The house of Jacob will be a fire and the house of Joseph a flame; the house of Esau will be stubble, and they will set it on fire and consume it. There will be no survivors from the house of Esau.” The LORD has spoken.
19. People from the Negev will occupy the mountains of Esau, and people from the foothills will possess the land of the Philistines. They will occupy the fields of Ephraim and Samaria, and Benjamin will possess Gilead.
- Mt Zion is Jerusalem
- The house of Jacob = The Jews
- The house of Joseph = USA & Britain
- The house of Esau = Ishmael Arabs & Vatican Rome
- There will be no survivors from the house of Esau = Hamas, Hezbollah, Catholicism, Islam
- People from the Negev = Israel
- People from the foothills = Israel, Ephraim (USA) & Manasseh (Britain)
- Mountains of Esau = Jordan where Esau married Ishmael’s daughter and became one against Jacob
- The land of the Philistines = Gaza
- The fields of Ephraim and Samaria = USA & the West Bank
- Benjamin = Jews and Converted Jews
- Gilead = East bank of Jordan River
Is the battle of Psalm 83 Armageddon and the same battle of Ezekiel 38, Gog & Magog? These nations fall and Israel expands. I believe Psalm 83 is unfolding currently with the Islamic alliance known today as ISIS.
“What role does Iran play in the end times?”
There are several biblical prophecies of the end times that mention Iran, called Persia or Elam in the Bible. Given the fact that Iran is often in the news as a nation seeking armaments (possibly nuclear) and repeatedly issuing threats against Israel.
Iran and its neighborhood, as it relates to biblical history. Jeremiah prophesied that Elam, a nation east of Babylon, west of Persia, and south of Media, would be conquered and then rise to power again (Jeremiah 49:34–39). True to that prophecy, Babylon conquered Elam in 596 BC. But then Persia, under Cyrus the Great, took control of that area, and the Elamites and Medes became part of the Persian Empire. The Medo-Persian Empire ascended to power and conquered Babylon in 539 BC, fulfilling the prophecy of Isaiah 21:2. This happened during the time of Daniel (Daniel 5); in fact, Daniel later resided “in the province of Elam” in Persia (Daniel 8:2). Persia is the setting for the book of Esther and the first part of Nehemiah.
Alexander the Great’s conquests put an end to Persia as a world power, fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel 8. In the following centuries, Persia was ruled by the Seleucids, the Parthians, the Sassanians, the Romans, the Byzantines, and finally, in AD 636, the Muslims. In 1501, the state of Iran was founded.
The outcome of this end-times invasion is predicted: God supernaturally intervenes, and Gog’s coalition is utterly destroyed. “On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals” (Ezekiel 39:4–5). Iran, and allys, will think their invasion of Israel is a sure victory, but God has different plans. In protecting Jerusalem, God will send a strong message to the world: “I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel” (verse 7).